(3 General Operative’s needed for the 2nd of April on site in Enniscorthy)
GS Agri are currently recruiting staff for our clients, a family run soft fruit farm based in Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford which was established over 40 years ago. It is one of Ireland’s leading suppliers of strawberries, raspberries and blackberries to a variety of retailers throughout Ireland. The farm consists of poly tunnels/glasshouse growing areas with a small portion of the farm being uncovered.
GS Agri Recruitment requires a reliable candidate’s to join a soft fruit team for our clients in Wexford Ireland. All applicants must be in good physical health and able for demanding manual labour. We are recruiting for Male and Female candidates for this role. All applicants must be of 18 years old and above. Previous experience working in manual labour roles or/in an agricultural environment will be highly regarded. Training will be provided to all staff.
You will be responsible for the following;
- Sowing, planting, clipping plants, preparing areas for planting out, loading and unloading of plants etc.
- Poly tunnel and glasshouse construction and maintenance
- Stock management
- Cleaning and general farm maintenance
Key skills/competencies required
- Good team-working & communication skills.
- Proactive, Self-motivator & good organisational skills.
- Looking for energetic and reliable candidates, willing to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail
- Interest and/or experience in horticulture or agriculture is desirable
- A basic level of English is desirable but not essential
All new candidates will be provided with training.
Each new employee will be issued a 6/7 month fixed term contract upon day of induction. Longer term contracts may be made available for high performing candidates.
Accommodation will be provided by our clients and the type of accommodation is a 7 bedroom house. It consists of 6 twin bedrooms with en suites and one room being a single room, all the essentials are provided. The cost per week of the accommodation and transport is €50 and this price includes electricity/heating and transport to and from work. There is no WIFI supplied in this price. The location of the accommodation is only a 10 minute walk from the nearest town Enniscorthy and a 5/10 minute drive from the farm. There will be a small damage deposit required upon arrival from each new worker (This will be confirmed in due course).
- Pay Rates: €9.55 per hour
- A minimum of 39hrs
- Duration: Minimum period of 6/7 months from April-September with potential for further job offers to high performing staff.
- Shift: 8AM to 6PM and 5-6 days a week in peak season – (this is subject to change)
- Probationary period is 1 month
- Net Salary per week guaranteed €350.13 (after tax deductions)
Enniscorthy is the second largest town in County Wexford, Ireland. It has a population of 11,381. The town is just a 10 minute walk from the accommodation which is being provided. In Enniscorthy you have many shops, cafes, bars, nightclubs to enjoy. It has your daily shops such as Tesco, Aldi, Lidl for all your daily needs.
COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE CV HERE
OR UPLOAD YOUR CV HERE
|Job Category||Job Openings|