Gs Agri are currently recruiting staff for our clients who are a family run soft fruit farm based in Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford which was established over 40 years ago. It is one of Ireland’s leading suppliers of strawberries, raspberries and blackberries to a variety of retailers throughout Ireland. The farm consists of poly tunnels/glasshouse growing areas with a small portion of the farm being uncovered.
GS Agri Recruitment requires a reliable team of pickers to join a soft fruit harvest team in Wexford Ireland. All applicants must be in good physical health and able for demanding manual labour. We are recruiting for Male and Female candidates for this role. Any picker who can harvest and fill a general operative role would be a great asset to our client. All applicants must be of 18 years old and above. Previous experience working under piece rate conditions and/or in an agricultural environment is not essential but will be highly regarded. Training will be provided to all staff to ensure correct technique and productivity is achieved.
You will be responsible for the following;
- Picking of strawberries, raspberries and blackberries.
- You may be asked to do other general labour duties.
- Work well in a fast-paced work environment.
- You will be required to reach daily team productivity targets.
- Ensuring to carry out all required tasks diligently and with attention to detail in line with health and safety standards.
- This position will require you to work in challenging weather conditions.
Key skills/competencies required
- Good team-working & communication skills.
- Proactive, Self-motivator & good organisational skills.
- Looking for energetic and reliable candidates, willing to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail
- Interest and/or experience in horticulture or agriculture is desirable
- A basic level of English is desirable but not essential
All new candidates will be provided with training throughout your duration of employment to maximise your quality and output.
Each new employee will be issued a 6 month fixed term contract upon day of induction. Longer term contracts may be made available for high performing candidates.
Accommodation will be provided by our clients and the type of accommodation is a 7 bedroom house. It consists of 6 twin bedrooms with en suites and one room being a single room, all the essentials are provided. The cost per week of the accommodation and transport is €50 and this price includes electricity/heating and transport to and from work. There is no WIFI supplied in this price. The location of the accommodation is only a 10 minute walk from the nearest town Enniscorthy and a 5/10 minute drive from the farm. There will be a small damage deposit required upon arrival from each new worker (this amount will be confirmed in due course).
- Pay Rates: Piece rate (0.48c per kg)
- Target kg per hour is 20kg+ and is achievable
- Wages are paid every Thursday by electronic transfer
- Wages are not paid in arears
- Duration: Minimum period of 6 months from April-September with potential for further job offers to high performing staff.
- Shift: 8AM to 6PM and 5-6 days a week in peak season – (this is subject to change)
- Probationary period is 1 month
Enniscorthy is the second largest town in County Wexford, Ireland. It has a population of 11,381. The town is just a 10 minute walk from the accommodation which is being provided. In Enniscorthy you have many shops, cafes, bars, nightclubs to enjoy. It has your daily shops such as Tesco, Aldi, Lidl for all your daily needs.
COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE CV HERE
OR UPLOAD YOUR CV HERE
|Job Category||Job Openings|